How can people honestly say as a fact they have been saved? After all, God has the final word.?

I see it on here a lot, I have heard religious people say it. So tell me, how do YOU know for a fact you are saved. No bible quotes.I believe at judgement day there are going to be a lot of people surprised.. You might be one of those left behind, including me. As I said God only knows.

Before someone say's anything I did notice the extra  ? mark.

As for the answers about buying bull also pertains to me not buying the bull of atheist. But since It's an open forum, I can't say only religious people answer please.

The answer is in the Bible at Matthew 24:13,

“But the one who has endured to the will be saved.” Followers of Jesus will have to stay faithful to the end of their life or to the end of this wicked world. (www.jw.org)

• Barney

(Matthew 24:13) But the one who has endured to the end will be saved.

• Paul

You are correct. That idea, that we can already be "saved" while alive on Earth was never heard of by any Christian until the doctrinal chaos of Protestantism began a few hundred years ago. Every one of us has the ability to turn away from God and forfeit salvation, right up to the moment of our death, no matter how we lived our lives previously. A pastor of a Protestant church, who has helped many people become "saved" over the years suddenly leaves the church and his wife, and runs off with his secretary. The members of his church shake their heads in disbelief and say "I guess he never was really saved". Right!

• I don't care about religious, we are Christians!

So, according to sound doctrine, we have been called to salvation by God, but we must go on until the end of earthly life, putting into practice his laws to be accepted into his kingdom!

Matthew 24: 13.

But whoever perseveres to the end will be saved.

I know it because I believe the Word of God. I'm not sure my car will start tomorrow but I KNOW I am saved from the consequences of unrepentant sin.

Just refer to a simple statement of fact: Mark: 16:15-16

Each person reimagines god to suit their own preconceived ideals. Isn't it neat how god likes and dislikes the exact same things as the person who believes in one?

• This question probably arises from the incorrect Assumption that salvation is earned. It is not, it is a gift of God

ephesians 2:  8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

please notice  tense...YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED  not will be saved

I am saved right now.  John 6:47.  I believe in Jesus, the Bible tells me I'm saved.  That simple.  Jesus is God and already spoke the final word.  Believe in Jesus, and you're saved.  Judgment day (the great white throne judgment) is only for unbelievers, and they all fail it.  It is too late to be saved, after death.  Believers in Jesus get judgment for rewards, but believers go to heaven.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

P.S.  Matthew 24:13 and "enduring to the end" is about enduring against the antichrist after the rapture to have the physical life saved.  It isn't about heaven and hell.  Those that think it is, are going to hell.

• X

Not one person can properly claim that they're saved right now. Why? Matthew 24:13 says that a requirement for salvation is endurance to the end. The end isn't here, so no one can say they've endured to it, can they? No.

If the people who KNOW they are saved because of promises in the Bible aren't, then no one is or ever will be.  

If God's word isn't reliable enough to give confidence to those to whom you're referring, then it's no good at all.  

Either ALL who believe and repent are saved, or none are.  

• Jennifer

If God wants you with Him, he will prove Himself to you one way or another. If He knows you'll never believe regardless, He won't bother. It's up to you and your willingness not to question Him at every turn. He made us and gave us everything we need to live--he doesn't owe us anything.