Anonymous

How can I prepare for a job interview?

i applied for my first job at a local grocery store and i'm worried about the interview because i don't want to mess up :(

Be yourself

be polite

have patience

Don't stress ,it will be easier to get the job.

• Judy

Learn something about the company - read their website. But the questions they'll ask you will be things you can answer. Get a good night's sleep, dress neatly, smile and look them in the eye. good luck. You'll do OK. And if you don't get this job, there are others you can apply for.

Relax. Be yourself. When questioned, answer as simply and clearly as you can. Try not to get flustered. Dress neatly and look presentable. Good luck. 

• v8 months agoReport

thanks :) i actually had to go for my interview a few hours after i put the question up and i got the job :D

well since you have no work experience you need to think about answers relating to "why you want this job" outside of that you need to RELAX.. being nervous is normal but trust me the interview is the easy part. wait until you actually get the job and you have to work. 

you need to watch what you say when it comes to an interview like when people ask me why i want to work for this restaurant as a cook i say " for learning purposes" and i go more in depth. each kitchen is different so you will always have something to learn. 

like you need to think outside the box. a grocery store has MANY opportunities LOTS.. of customers ( lets hope ) your dealing with hospitality/food/ the grocery stores in my state have quite a few tourists as well as i live in Hawaii and they usually get snacks and drinks for a road trip or w.e. so you need to think about things like this like it's not just a grocery store but it is. 

• v8 months agoReport

thank you so much this helped a lot :)

I first think about why the job is good. And then think about my strengths and weaknesses. After that, you should prepare for self-introduction and self-appeal!

• v8 months agoReport

okay i'll do that thank youu :)

So don't mess it up. Be open and honest. Why? It's easy to remember and can be documented. Your goals are to learn, produce [the verb, not the product] learn produce [if that's what the job requires] and grow within the company.

• v8 months agoReport

thank youu