How come we give our government so much control and power over us? ?

Have you ever wondered what our government is actually really keeping from us? And howHave you ever wondered what our government is actually really keeping from us? Or how they came about obtaining that much power when they ad first settled here in America?  And what are we doing as a community to stand up against our government?

1 week ago

We didn't! That's just it, they change things to suit them and have no concern for the American people. It's all about the buck to them.

THE LEFT BELIEVES THEY SHOULD HAVE A LOT MORE POWER OVER OUR LIVES

People don't 'give' the government control and power: the government and the ruling class have taken control and maintain it by force. But if enough people want to do away with rulers and government, we will be able to do so.

This is the perfect question. However, because government's grip is tightening at a subtle pace, people ignore it. The fact is... each year we are being crushed with new laws that tell us what we can and cant do. Both political parties are at fault but the Democrats win the prize for intrusion and government interference. Vote smartly in 2020!

• martin

The average citizens always feel powerless against their government in any country, not only America. In the USA people have a little more say than in other countries, due to democracy and freedom of speech.

I have wondered those things, but have you ever wondered how we know hurricanes are coming a week in advance, or why there hasn't been another 9/11 style terrorist attack in the United States since 9/11, or why the majority of the food and water you ingest is safe to eat and drink, or what happens to all our trash and the stuff that goes down the sewer...or how the sewer even got there, or the street signs and traffic lights, or even the street lights?

In the country I live in my government is BY, FOR and OF me!  So if I "I stood up against it", I'm essentially standing up against my own voice.  The best way to ensure government is effective and efficient is to vote for people who are competent and patriotic, or, if you're one of those people, run for office.  I would vote for you!  

Very little. Neither party wants you to have more freedom. They both want the population dependent upon them (the government). The democrats seem to want it immediately and totally.

I found this on the web that gives a detailed explanation of when it first started and how it came about. Can you believe that our government started in the year 1790 and is  230 years old. 

the government thinks that they have more power but it is us who have more power, the government has no one to protect themselves from us.

in a democracy the government are supposed to serve the people not the other way around.