Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 4 weeks ago

If my company doesn't fire me and I don't feel like I'm a good employee, does that most mean they just can't hire someone who's better?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • You're good enough at doing your job to them. If they find some one that can do your job better then you, then they might consider firing you. You would have to ask your boss for and evaluation of your performance. See they think you can improve on any thing. If you feel like you need more training then ask for it. If you don't want to be there any more then start looking for another job. If they can afford to hire people, they will and it may not be because of you. If the company is busy then they're going to need more workers to help keep up with the work.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Maybe, or maybe you're better than you think.

• 4 weeks ago

No, it means they don't feel like you are terrible enough to have to deal with finding and training someone else... at this point.

• 4 weeks ago

I have left on my own, been fired, on good terms and bad terms, hired others and fired others. There are many factors, but each one is always different. Some jobs, you're just a number. @60 I see myself as more than that. This is why I'm between jobs for 3 years now. I worked hard, did well and lived under our means. that's flexibility. Do what makes you who you are.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kelly
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Recruiting/hiring and training cost more than retaining you does.  

• 4 weeks ago

Companies aren't in the habit of keeping people that deserve termination because they can't find anyone better. Neither are they always looking for better employees so they can fire the lesser ones they have. It seems like the real problem here is your lack of confidence in yourself.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In most situations, yes they could.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You really should stop thinking. You're not good at it.

• 4 weeks ago

What does you thinking you are or aren't a good employee have to do with them hiring someone else?

Firing and hiring cost time and money.  Maybe they could get someone better, but don't want to go through the hassle of looking.  So you have that going for you.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No,

Most companies do not wanna deal w/

all the hassle of firing an employee then trying

to find a new & improved version aka being

lazy :]

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.