Ramona
Ramona asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Why are some answers i get don't get posted?

It's happening more often where someone will give me an answer. It's a good helpful answer. There's no ads, swearing, nothing but a helpful answer but they simply don't get posted.

I do get the answers in my notifications, they are just not posted under my question.

• .

There are a few reasons this might happen:

1. The user deleted the answer before you saw it in the question

2. The answer was reported and removed before you saw it in the question

3. The answer is hung in the spam filter (some mistakenly call it shadow banning, but it is not any form of banning) and only shows up for the user who posted it. It needs to be edited to get it to show up for others, but if the OP doesn't realize no one else can see it, they don't know to inquire about the issue and find out what to do to get it through the filter.

• Daniel

If you see Answers in Notifications but not the Question its Due to the Answer got Reported and Deleted after the Notification for it was Sent out Yahoo does not update there Notification when Someones Answer gets Removed

This is because of a spam filter that blocks the person answering your question.  If the answer was deleted or reported and removed the notification would have been removed.  The person who answered your question sees that his answer post but you can not see it.  That person needs to re-write there answer or remove any links to get their answer to post.  They do not know it didn't post.  You could do any update and inform them if you wish.   This has been happening a lot here recently.

They get caught up in the spam filters