Should you award best answer based on best highest- lowest thumbs up Ratio?

The reason that the award is in the hands of the Asker is that the answer has to be the best in THEIR opinion.

If you, the Asker, don't like an answer but it has 20 thumbs up, why would you give it BA? It's YOUR choice, YOUR privilege. Only YOU know what the best answer is for YOU and YOUR question.

No. Go by the best worded and those with a link. Not the Most-worded. 

An answer that is a blanket statement is usually false.

Those predicated with: "In my experience" or "opinion" is better. 

No, that can be manipulated just like voting was years ago when it was eliminated.

• P.L.

When I come to use this site I am never impressed by how many thumbs up or down an individual has, what level they have reached or anything else nor do I fret about my own score.  I just read the question and the answers and give my own score.  There are no prizes here, no reason for anyone of us to brag, cry or upset other users. We should just take the site for what it is - a place to ask, a place to answer then move on.  

Not at all.    It's a well known fact here, that some users are stalked to death by multi-account playing stalkers and trolls here. 

I give excellent answers in many cases and will get 8 or 9 TD's..........all by the same STALKER nutbag,  playing his  50 accounts here. 

I guess he imagines the TD's give the asker the impression the answer is somehow WRONG.............but I often get BEST answers,   with the most  TD's. ...because my answers are indeed  CORRECT and often the most helpful. 

TU's/TD's .....is more of a popularity contest /stalker  kind of rating. 

You are either just extremely unpopular with many users,  (often for damn GOOD reason)  or  like me, you have some nutbag stalker  , who's been stalking me since  Jan of 2016......and has been suspended like 20 times already for it,   but just won't quit. 

haters gotta hate, and jealous little nutbags have to troll, I guess .

• Weasel McWeasel

Indeed.........my stalker has at least 30 active accounts and often gives me 10 or 15 TD's. 

You can but if you need an answer go with the one you think is best.

You don't base the answer just on thumps up or down.  But you do consider it as part of your decision which question gave the best answer without violating the guidelines or terms of service.

• Daniel

You should Award Best Answer Based on How Good you think the Answer is and If it Answers the Question that your looking for Dont Judge by Thumbs Up or Down as there not Always Correct

I have seen Good Answers that get Thumbs down on It

• Cap'n. America

Bad answers with some subjects  ,like  law and electricity, can be dangerous.

• .

No. Best Answer should be awarded based on who gave the correct answer or most useful answer. If there are multiple correct answers, the user who posted the answer first should get BA. If there are multiple useful answers, the 'most' useful should get BA. TDs and TUs should play no part, since some users will arbitrarily give others TD or TU based on their feelings about that user or just randomly (you may see some questions where every answer has a TD or TU, regardless of the quality of the answer).

I usually give best answer to... Wait for it.... The best answer.