YKhan
YKhan asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

How do you stop the annoying notifications?

How do you stop the "Someone has also answered a question that you answered" notifications? This seems to be new with this update.

I don't see any check box below the answer box to uncheck this notification.

It happens because you click the box to add this notification after answering this question just before the submit tab.  If you stop clicking that box you will not get this notification any more.  It is your fault, not Yahoo.

• Daniel

There is no way you can stop it Unfortunately

• .

Make sure you don't accidentally check the "Get email notifications when there are new answers to all questions I answered" box (just below where you insert your source, below your answer). I clicked it a couple of times, accidentally, and am a lot more mindful now. Yes, it's a new format addition (and not one I find any value in).

• Sharon

Click on your avatar, and Edit Preferences to change them.

• Diane A

be aware it took a few days to activate when I did it

Uncheck the box beneath your answer before you click or tap the ,"Submit" button. 

Verizon/ Yahoo has the box CHECKED by default. That is WHY you HAVE yo UNCHECK the box BEFORE you submit your answer. 

• kelvin

you go into preference and change it there