What is like to live in university family housing?

Family housing is residences for students typically with young children. What is it like for the parents are for the kids?

Favorite Answer

There's not a one-size-fits-all answer to this.  I'm sure there are schools where the housing is decent and kids around for yours to play with.   I'm equally sure there are schools where family housing is small, rundown and not many kids.

So this is something you need to research on your own. Google the places you're applying to, or the one you've been accepted to, and see what you find.  College websites also might provide info or a contact # you can call.

Most universities do not offer any family housing.  You have the choice of a shared room with another student on campus or renting your own place privately which is what I did.  Fortunately for me the university was in a town with plenty of rentals.

But speak directly to the university.  They will tell you what options they have.