Why am I not getting hired?

I recently made a move from California to Ohio to be with my fiancé and everything has been great other than the fact that no one wants to hire me. Back in California I've always been hired for the jobs I applied too and it has gotten me some really good ones. I've worked for Facebook, Microsoft and Apple as a technical advisor and analyst. I've had my resume reviewed by my previous supervisors, coworkers and even my father in law who is a top lawyer in NY and they have all reviewed it and said it was amazing. At first I thought it was maybe my interview skills that where lacking but I've done a few mock interviews in the past and have even done it with a few family members and they said that they thought my answers were really amazing and well thought out. I've been searching for a job for the past 3 months and I have had a few people interview me but after the interview they completely ghost me and never tell me whether I got the job or not, not even an email. Sometime I do write back to get an update or even call, but they never call me back. And it's not like I am picky with my jobs I have applied for mostly retail jobs like Forever 21 and H&M through indeed or going to the store and filling out an application. I really just don't get it, what am I doing wrong. My husband thinks it's because I am asian that no one wants to hire me, but I don't think thats the case...

• Best answer

you're overqualified for the jobs you want. take stuff off your resume if you want those low wage crap jobs. leave 1-2 year gaps in your resume if necessary. remove any advanced degrees. subtract from bullet points that make you a management candidate. then once you're hired and prove your potential, resubmit a "qualified" resume to a company hiring manager.

meanwhile, use the low wage job as a placeholder while you apply for jobs you're actually qualified for (despite the fact that getting hired to prestigious jobs can take upwards of 6 months).

Try working as Freelance Virtual Assistant.  With your experience you will do great just working within the comforts of your home.

https://freelancevirtualassistancebyamp.wordpress....

Try something else, like working for yourself from home.Take a piece of paper and write down every potential work you think you can do apart from your actual qualification.

because republicons LIE about there being jobs

Indeed provide cattle lcalls with keyword priority generators.

Look for a job that values social media understanding and developing a presence. or, you could market your skills to a few locally owned companies like restaurants and such.

• Eva

The retail jobs don't hire you because you are over-qualified. They think you'll leave as soon as something better comes along. Why are you not doing a job search in your field, or applying for jobs where you can apply your skills?

Sbsbbdbsbsbsbsbfbsvsvsvvs

• DEBS

"I've worked for Facebook, Microsoft and Apple as a technical advisor and analyst."

"I have applied for mostly retail jobs like Forever 21 and H&M"

Your job history has nothing to do with the jobs you're applying for. The fact you don't realize that says that you lack "common sense skills".

Move back to California, or ask your fiance if he's okay with having a housewife.

• YKhan

You're overqualified, they think you'll never fit in these types of jobs. They think you're only taking these jobs while you look for a better job, and then you will quit on them. Which is probably true.