Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 4 weeks ago

What does "since" mean in this context?

"Mixing concern and voyeurism, fascination with horror, mythology with social reportage, the animalistic metaphors central to Toth’s book have been widely crit-cised for depoliticising the subterranean fate of the vulnerable and poor in contemporary America, since they literally sediment down into the artificial ground and tunnel spaces of the underground city, away from what she calls the ‘topside world’." 

What does "since" mean here?

• Bob

In this case since is similar to 'because'.

eg: I took an umbrella with me today, since it was raining when I left home.

• RP

One way to define it is because.

• Laurie

It is a poorly used substitute for “because”.

Christopher Pinney has been a pillar of support and inspiration throughout my ..... and socio-political aspects is exacerbated in the festive context The tension, .... was conveyed was largely derived from media reportage It is such interactive ...... performances and religious songs in which the legends of Hindu mythology ...