How do I keep my mattress in place?

Okay so I have twin size bed. No box frame. A regular mattress on the bottom and one of those memory foam mattresses from Walmart on top. The memory foam mattress keep sliding off the regular mattress and it’s driving me mad. I wake up every morning with the memory foam mattress trying to slide off and knocking the things on my nightstand over. What do I do to keep this from happening? Any tips? I’ll even try some home remedies if I must. 

• mokrie
    Favorite Answer

buy those sticky grippers to keep rugs from slipping or curling up and try that between the two mattresses. Just an idea...

• y

I forget the name but the anti skid/slide pieces for under rugs, works quite well. They are sold at most home store. I have to have one end of my bed elevated so the entire thing is slanted. They work quite well.

• Laurie

A mattress needs a firm foundation. Either get a box spring/foundation, or put the mattress directly on the floor. You will end up ruining BOTH mattresses with your current technique.

Get a form fitted sheet that will cover both the mattress and the pad. That will help hold the pad atop the mattress.

self-adhesive velcro (lots of it). Strong twine wrapped around both units to hold them together. Build a box frame. {good luck.}

I'm just really hurt me so badly that I

How thick is the foam. If it’s not too thick, put a bed sheet over it. 

• kit1 month agoReport

It has a bed sheet on it but it’s still slipping off lol 

The cheap way to do it would be to buy some waffled shelf-liner.  Lay it between the mattresses to create traction.  It's a bit ghetto, but it works.