Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 4 weeks ago

Do some clocks occasionally move faster?

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy but I vividly remember numerous moments where I would look at a clock, and see it's second hand moving by really fast... Am I going crazy?!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's likely that you do have some degree of mental illness.  See a professional immediately.  These types of thing do not get better on their own.

• 4 weeks ago

If they are broken

• 4 weeks ago

It sounds like you are already off the deep end.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Yes, if it's a synchronized clock.  Some clocks have internal synchronizing mechanisms that synchronize it once a day or periodically throughout the day with a master clock.  Sometimes that master clock is onsite, like is often the case in schools where it's key that all the clocks in the building say the exact same thing.  Sometimes that master clock is offsite, like is the case with what are called "atomic clocks," clocks that synchronize with a computer that keeps track of exactly what time it actually is down to the nanosecond.

When such clocks are analog, what will happen is either the clock will stop momentarily and then the second hand will speed around to point at 12 o'clock so as to begin ticking forward at the exact same hour, minute, and second as the master clock.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Actually, it's your brain. Some second hands make short intervals, while some have continuous motion. Your brain displays the continuous movements as taking shorter time.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.