Abby asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

I am trying to order something online but it it says I need to use latin characters to ensure successfully delivery, what does this mean?

It says on the website: In order to ensure successful delivery, please provide address in Latin characters.      I don't want to waste my money from my delivery not coming because I don't know what it means and I end up writing my address wrong. 

The website is not in Latin language, it is in English, I just am so confused and I don't understand why they would want me to write my delivery address in "Latin characters".

Everything you wrote in this question is in "Latin characters". 

(They are called Latin characters because the ancient Romans invented them, but I have mostly heard them called Roman characters.)

What the website is telling you is that they do not want to receive orders that look like these:

Это не латинские буквы.

Αυτοί δεν είναι λατινικοί χαρακτήρες.

هذه ليست أحرف اللاتينية.

אלה לא תווים לטיניים.

ເຫຼົ່ານີ້ບໍ່ແມ່ນຕົວອັກສອນນາມ.

Latin Characters are the letters A to Z, and pretty much all the characters on a keyboard used in the US. 

• reme_1

That seems really weird. You might want to order from a different website.