Should I just stop showing up to my job? ?

So yesterday i went up to my manager and I told them that I quit and was giving them my 2 week notice because they were only giving me like 10 hours a week. They told me they would give me more hours so I was oh ok. Today they put in the schedule and they only gave me two 4 hour shifts this week. I don’t even feel like showing up what should I do? 

They might make the schedules too far in advance to be able to give more hours in what is posted today based on a conversation that happened yesterday. It might not be until the next schedule that they can start doing what they said yesterday.

Ask when you'll be getting more hours, and if you don't like the answer, then give your two weeks notice.

You poor traumatized Snowflake.

• James

A job's a job mate.  Nobody does it for pleasure.  Keep working there until they stop you from doing so.

If have cash in your bank account or if you have new job already don’t show up.

• You gave 2 weeks notice, so you've all ready resigned. 

If you're not contracted to work your notice, then it's up to you to decide weather or not you want to work. 

Try to get another job lined up before your 2 weeks are up, if you need the money.

• John

Find another job before you quit.

Only you can make this call if you want to actually quit or not- 

I mean do you have the means to support yourself financially if you lose this job, or is this your only source of income? 

You did give them your "2 week notice" which means, legally, you have to work the next 2 weeks, this allows your employer the time to find a replacement for the job that you are choosing to leave.

I would work the next 2 weeks, if nothing has changed at the end, legally you can walk off and not return.

i would talk to your manager about it

Any sane person who wants more hours/money would take the hours they get while they look for another job.

Quitting so you can give your boss an "eff you" while you need the money is a bit silly, but if it makes you feel better, sometimes that's what's called for.

• Kyle

put it in writing, make a copy for yourself, and sign both copies.  put in your final date you intend to leave.  then that's it.  nothing more you need to do.  

you could also keep that one and maybe get another part time job elsewhere if you can handle it.