What was the very first rock band or artist that you liked?

I’m an old guy. My friends liked the Beatles, I liked Paul Revere & The Raiders.

• Killmouseky

Paul & Raiders did a few good tunes - "Kicks" especially.  Beatles did hundreds.    

Grand Funk Railroad's "The Loco-Motion"; I just LOVED that crazy short guitar solo!!

• mars

Duane Eddy.....

• James

I don't remember who was the very first I ever liked, but the first band I really got into in a big way was Queen.

The first albums that I liked were "Changesonebowie" by David Bowie and "Relics" by Pink Floyd and Asia's first album.  I also had "Comedy is Not Pretty" by Steve Martin. 

Led Zeppelin Because Of The Song "Whole Lotta Love"

• Killmouseky

So you were a fan of plagiarism from an early age?  

• Binks

Paul McCartney, with his Ram album.

• John

After the vote..... There was no "rock" yet.  There was rock and roll but that is different. So - Beach Boys and not-guilty pleasure of The Cowsills, me being pre teen. On to Luvin' Spoonful and the Monkees and on to The Doors and Beatles and into true rock when it came.

Nazareth in 1977.

• Bee V2

Probably Foo Fighters or Aerosmith, I would love my dad's music when I was younger