Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

What do you think of the feature that allows someone to choose “anonymous”. BEFORE they ask a question?

• carrie

t doesn't bother me at all, if people want to be anon then that is up to them. 

I understand totally and completely why some users asked for it.....and I have nothing against that.........per se...........

however.......everyone here knows damn well the feature has now been abused to hell and back by all the multi-account  trolls and stalkers here. 

So once again, if they were to get RID of the feature entirely....... once again  we are forced to throw out the baby with the bath water. 

Just as people complained about abuse of the email feature......so they took it away,  but also from the people who ENJOYED using the email feature. 

Likewise with the level 7 question moving ability......again, a good idea in theory....IF people were going to use it wisely,  but again,   it was horribly abused and corrupted......to the detriment of the boards.......so again,  they took it away, and pissed off the GOOD users,   who were using it as designed. 

The trouble these days, is that the abusive trolls, with their multiple sock puppets,   far outnumber the "good" users left. 

So any new feature, is instantly corrupted and abused. 

• .

It makes more sense, if the site is going to have that feature, that it could be selected before posting (it shouldn't require you to wait until after you've posted, but that option should be available). 

I think its good because now no one gets a one second sneaky peaky- just enough time to blow the cover on one's dastardly deeds..

• Daniel

I think its a good idea but I think it mite be Complicated to Program tho Yahoo is Already a Mess and has a lot of Bugs and Problems that have not been Fixed I think right now is not a good time to Mess around with the Site

They need to get the Bugs under Control Sadly I Doubt that will Happen anytime soon

I always use 'Anonymous'.  I guess I am not as brave as people like LAN and Pearl L and others who allow the world to see who they are in every-day normal life by using their actual real names.

I think it is a good thing for those who ask anonymously.  It will stop those from seeing the asker.  Sometimes they forget to change to anonymous.

That was something many people requested. Verizon/Yahoo gave us exactly what we asked for. Of course it will be abused, possibly yo death. EVERY YA feature CAN be abused. Eventually the most clever people will figure out how to abuse it fastest. Other people will take Yeats to figure it out or ask how yo abuse it on. YA. IMHO, THAT is irony

i think its a good feature, i sometimes become anonymous if im asking a question about someone in my area cause i dont want them to know its me that asked the question

Users begged for it and for once the programmers listened.