Shitsteak asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Cheapest ways to buy a dog?

I live in a studio apartment, and pets are allowed here. I am currently in college, and I am very stressed out. At the moment, I only have about $600 to spare. My favorite breed is the Newfoundland. What is a cheap place to buy one?

Favorite Answer

Hi again Shitsteak....Lol.. a cheap Newf.... you must be a brick short of a full load matey And thats the truth: a Newf is about the last dog suited to appt life anyway.eh

q DId they bust you again i last saw you as a level 3 i think ya see

• Veschengro

Think on the words STUDIO appt.... Typically un American.

steal it, the law cant catch u if u run fast enough 

A cheap Newfoundland is a piss poor example of the breed. It will be sickly, have lots of genetic faults, it won't meet the standards for the breed & all you actually will be getting a mutt quality Newfie. You will need to save up lots of money for high Vet bills, which you wouldn't have if you spent the one or two thousand for a good quality Newfie. You get guarantees with well bred dogs that you don't get from BYBers.

If you can't afford a dog that size, then how are you going to feed it, that costs lots of money. All the Vet bills the first 6 months will be quite costly.

Save until you have at least a thousand bucks to go toward a dog.

• odd

A stuffed one at the local toy store will do you nicely. They don't eat, drink, bark or need to go out.

Adoption! It’s always a good idea to give a home to a dog that hasn’t had the best life, and the adoption fees are usually minimal.

why not go to a rescue and get a dog there? Or the humane society. Either way you can visit as many times as you want before you make a decision about a dog

just find a stray outside and then you wont have to pay any money for it

A newf doesnt belong in an apartment.

For a "cheap" dog.. Go to your shelter.   The purchase price of the dog is only the tip of the iceburg..  There is also vet care, food, supplies, and the pet deposit.

• Nekkid Truth!

I guess technically one gets "taxed" for owning a dog here..  Most areas require you to apply for a dog license every year.

I say you should focus on yourself and get yourself together before thinking about getting a dog. Once you get the dog, you also need dog stuff. If you can't afford all that at the moment, don't do it. There are a lot of dogs in a shelter that need a loving home. Maybe you can rescue one without paying so much.

• Sparky

A large breed will not be suitable for an apartment.

Perhaps you should consider a pet that will cope better alone while you are at college, such as a cat.

Please consider rescuing and adopting from an animal shelter.