does feminism enforce toxic femininity...?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

"does feminism enforce toxic femininity...?"

Well ... Yes!  Let's use the same feminist standard as they used for toxic masculinity.  In that case, we could say that to avoid toxic femininity, women should drop their gender roles that harm men and women as well.

This would be the traditional ideas that men owe women anything at all for sex, instead of the modern and equality-based idea that only sex is traded for sex in and of itself. It means that women should pro-actively approach and ask out men when they like them despite any fear of rejection. In other words, they should "man up" to this fear. Just a couple of the many possible examples.

Another one would be female hypergamy and the expectation that any man she partners with will be equal or better than her in wealth, status, height, and any other favourable characteristic.

As you can see, what feminists define as being toxic to any gender, are the normal, heterosexual behaviors that have been displayed since time immemorial. This is why I do not ascribe to "feminist theories" of any kind. Their ideology is completely unnatural as well as gender-divisive.

And note that feminist enforcing toxic femininity while deriding toxic masculinity (their definition), is due to the gains they receive.

• 4 weeks ago

No, misandry...............

• 4 weeks ago

yes.

because excess of every thing is bad

• 4 weeks ago

The opposite. Far from "enforce" toxic gender roles, feminism has encouraged men and women to _reject_ them. Feminists strive to liberate people from toxic gender roles.

Yet another topsy-turvy question from Mick's upside-down worldview. 🙄

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes. Especially among men. That's why men must not be feminists.

• martin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Unfortunately, a good movement toward greater respect for women can be misused or exploited by hateful women as well as fine women.

• DKG
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Exactly that. It is misused and exploited by both hateful and fine women - it is a cancerous corruption of a misguided political concept (Marxism) turned inside out and on it's side to favour rich women over poor men.

• No such thing as toxic femininity besides the excessive use of make up.

• 4 weeks ago

Not really. If anything, traditional femininity is kind of looked down upon now. You can't be meek or anything without someone assuming you're some sort of Amish, anti-feminist lady who wants a husband to beat her. Which. Isn't the case. But still.

• 4 weeks ago

I hate my dad, husband and son... so... yeah. If them was all female, maybe I not hate them....

• liz
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Let’s hope you’re a troll 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.