If a router’s WAN link goes down, what you will do in that situation?

• GTB

check w the ISP to see why it is down and when they forecast its return to service

Log in to the router and see what's going on.

• VP

Are you asking what a Home user does or what IT folks do in Office situations?

• Bill-M

1. Reboot the Router (power off.  wait a few minutes..power on)

2. Check the Ethernet Cable that plugs into the WAN port Both Ends  (Router end and Modem end). Unplug and plug back in.

3. Reboot the Modem.

4. Contact Internet Service Provider

• Dick

Unplug the power cord from the router for at least 30 seconds and then plug it back in. This will cause the router to go through a full boot up routine and should fix the link problem.

• Pete L

Read a book or go and walk the dog. There are many more useful things in life to be doing than waiting for 'technology' to start working again.

As I said to my boss today, I am surrounded by 'technology' but I just ignore it and carry on living my life as I want, not as others want me to live!

• Greg

Call the provider to report the issue.