how do i get my car back if it was towed and considered abandon by the city of Lubbock ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Call the city to find out where it was towed to.  Go there with proof of ownership and insurance, pay for the tow and storage.

• don r
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Pay all the fees and citations, then find the storage yard and show them the receipts, then pay them a barrel more money.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It is considered abandoned if it is parked on the road for an extended period of time. Even if you parked it on a persons property, if you did not work it out with the property owner, and left it, he can have it towed away. Asking here won't do anything for you as you were in the wrong.  You got to call the cops or the city for the impound lot phone number and give them a call and find out what is happening.  They will tell you over the phone how much it will cost to release the pig and if it can not be driven out of there, then you got to tow it out.  Mucho dinaro..  It is a very expensive parking lot so you want to rescue the PoS sooner than later. Like,why are you still reading this response.?

There is no allowance for hard times. Money is money to the Impound yard-and they take it all.

Tic,tic,tic,tick.

You can't steal your car out of the lot as it has high wire fence and big hungry junk-yard dogs. So THAT is not an option. They work on the cash in my hand dealing. No CC,no cheque, no drug deals, nothing.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Go to the towing company's impound lot and PROVE that you are the LEGAL owner of the vehicle. Be prepared to pay towing and storage charges.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Who lives in Lubbock these days lol.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

How is it that your car was sitting in one spot long enough for the City of Lubbock to consider it an abandoned vehicle?  Did it have current license plates on it?  If it has valid license plates on it, a car isn't considered to be "abandoned", even if they do tow it for some reason.  

• 4 weeks ago

You contact the city of Lubbock.

If they didn't put a sticker on it ahead of time warning you that it would be towed, then you might be able to get it back without having to pay - otherwise you'll be paying through the nose to get it back.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Go to the city hall and pay.  Bring a LOT of money and your current registration and drivers license.

• 4 weeks ago

Call the police department and tell them your car has been towed.  They will tell you (1) where it is and (2) if there's a fine before you can retrieve it.  Then you go down to the police station and pay the fine, and they give you a document that will release the car.  Then you go to the place it's being stored and you'll have to pay for the towing and storage.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I'm not really sure on that! 2pts

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.