Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 4 weeks ago

Starbucks interview help!!?

Okay I’m a Starbucks ex employee I worked there for approximately 3 months. After that I quit. Now I re applied and got the interview for the store in my town. On my job application I did put down that I had worked at a Starbucks previously. My main conflict is that I’m pretty sure they’re gonna ask why I left my old store and idk if I should just give them my exact reason why or just say something else. The reason as to why I quit was mainly because of my female co-workers. In the beginning everyone was really nice so I was excited because my previous job was a mess. As time passed by of me working there I notice my female co workers would talk to me less, exclude me, smart *** me, give me side eye and constantly give me **** for almost everything. Outside never Gave them a reason to dislike me. I learned really quick. According to some of the guys I was pretty quick to how to do bar. So the day that I had contemplated on quitting I was cleaning the blenders and one of the shifts was making fraps. We were in the middle of a rush and she doesn’t handle stress very well so she was getting pretty aggressive. She kept throwing the lids at me and almost hit me with one. I don’t say anything just stayed quiet until my shift was over. That same day I quit. Getting physical at a job is so outa line. I didn’t report it I should’ve but I knew no one would believe me so I just told them that I had personal problems to deal with. I didn’t want to cause any drama what should I say   

Just wanted to add that I actually liked working at Starbucks I liked seeing my regulars and having casual conversation with them. I liked making drinks and I didn’t mind the “hard to deal with” customers. My female co workers where the only thing that made the Job exhausting and unbearable. I fell into a depression and the stress from work would always follow me home. The store in my town is a lot slower with business and the employees say it’s a chill environment.  

Also sorry for the grammar I was typing pretty fast. She was throwing the kids in my direction but she was only 3 feet away from me and she was pretty aggressive when doing so and she almost hit me with one. To be more specific 

Lids not kids lol

• Linda

If they ask you why it did not work out at the previous Starbucks, just tell them there were no opportunities there for growth. You are not really lying because you could not work there due to the work moral and therefore you quit.

• nat4 weeks agoReport

Thank you! You actually gave me an answer and didn’t just say I shouldn’t say anything lol

• n2mama

Do not tell this massive drama tale that quite frankly, makes you sound sexist. I don’t know if you are a man or a woman, but an inability to work with female coworkers (and you mention the entire gender more than once, not just a single person) is not something most managers would want. 

• nat4 weeks agoReport

I’m not sexist I’m a female and usually females are harder to work with considering that a lot them love to feed off of drama not all but a good amount 

i just wouldnt say anything but just that you needed to leave

Did you leave on good terms as in offering a 2 week notice? If not, you probably wont be hired.  If you get into all that crap they probably see you as a drama queen and they probably have other applicants with a lower chance of being a drama queen.  If they are considering you, they will call your old manager.