Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

are men that aren't overweight and look normal in clothing yet have a belly sticking out underneath their shirt usually are skinny fat?

and is that a sign of poor muscle development 

Overweight is simply being overweight. Skinny fat is a skinny person with a high fat percentage. 

Say there are two people who are 150 pounds and 6 foot tall. One is 4% body fat and the other is 25% body fat. The one with 25% body fat would be considered skinny fat because they are not overweight but they are not built in a lean way. 

It is not a sign of poor muscle development, it just means you need to go to the gym. Some people are naturally more lean than other because of genetics. 

• Logan

If you have a gut, then you are over weight and need to go on a diet.  If you lack muscles, then you need to work out, but don't expect steroid-like results.    

Yes. I tuck my fat in all the time.

I wouldn't say skinny-fat, necessarily. Everybody has fat on their body, and everybody has different distribution. Our skin loses turgor as we age, too.