how many bags can i take on the greyhound bus?

my name is liz and i have 6 bags and have to move i am taking a greyhound. how many bags can i take? i need to know before i move in a week 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You can have one carry-on and two checked bags. So arrange to ship some of your stuff as you won't be able to take it all with you.

• 4 weeks ago

You can check 2 additional bags (can't be over 50lbs each) for a total of 3. The two extra bags will cost about $20 extra each. 

You can not bring all 6 bags. There will be 50+ other people riding that same bus who will also need to stow their luggage. There isn't unlimited space. 

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can check up to 3 bags, and will have to pay for 2 of them.  You can bring one on board with you if it meets the carry-on size limits.  You cannot take 6 bags.

https://www.greyhound.com/en/help-and-info/travel-...

• 1 month ago

Each passenger on Greyhound is allowed to check one piece of luggage for carriage under the bus and bring aboard one small bag. Adult passengers are allowed to check one additional piece of luggage by paying $15.

Carry-on luggage is limited to 25 pounds and must fit either in the overhead compartment or underneath the seat. Greyhound overhead compartments and areas under the seats are not uniform across the entire bus fleet. Bags that do not fit properly have to be checked and may incur additional fees.

Passengers who bring more luggage than the standard allowance will be charged additional fees for each bag. Checked luggage weighing more than 50 pounds and baggage larger than 62 total inches cost an additional fee.

• liz1 month agoReport

if i pay the fees can i bring the other 3 bags under the bus?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.