I quit/was terminated from walmart over points. Should I try to go back or find a new job?

I hated that job a lot. They did not appreciate me, I hate retail and how people treat each other, poor management that has favorites, and doesnt care about anyone else but themself.

I worked harder than others, some people were allowed to be lazy, and leave early. I let my point go up for tardiness even though I closed and stayed late by myself when others wouldn't.

I barely made money also and busted my butt doing several departments.

I could go back and fix my points in the computer with vacation time.

But that place was making me angry and mierable.

I got treated like a guy flipping burgers out of high school.

My last job I did construction, security, and was a set designer for indie movies.

I could go back to construction and make more money and be treated with more dignity. But I feel like walmart got the better of me. I could go back and show them they cant get rid of me.

They're as bunch of self centered people and I hated working for them. It's a corporation now and we got treated like slaves. Customers were rude so were managers. Few people were nice. I settled for it and stayed too long. I could go back but it would be a comfort zone and misery again. 

Hey, I feel you. Retail jobs in general are awful and treat their workers like garbage. But don't go back there. What's done is done. They don't deserve your presence. You'll find something better, and you'll be happier. :)

It's about you, if the negative sides of the jobs are affecting you so much then quit. Whatever floats your boat.

• In retail they don't often show you a lot of appreciation, doesn't matter how hard you work. Also Big box stores are not the best to work for when it comes to retail. 

Why would you even bother going back to a job that you hated so much....

Jobs I was fired from, I never thought of going back to them. They don't want me working there, I would rather not work for them any ways. 

I would rather find a new job then go back to a workplace like that. 

First of all, why would you want to go back if you were miserable and got terminated?  The same thing will likely happen again unless there's been some massive change within the company (which I seriously doubt).  Second of all, you thinking so highly of yourself (i.e. I worked harder than others) and closing and staying late by yourself doesn't matter.  The name of the game is this:  people don't notice when you follow the rules.  They do notice when you break the rules (i.e I let my point go up for tardiness).  

It's not about how much harder you think you're working than everybody else.  You're a team and you work as such.  It's a matter of process.  You need to put in the minimum standard and be on time every day.  You need to make sure you call ahead if you know you're going to be running late or can't come in.  You need to make sure you're not taking more than the allotted time for break.  You need to follow their process and abide by their rules.  You work for them, they don't work for you.

The fact of the matter is those other people who you thought were lazy were putting in the minimum standard, following the rules and showing up on time everyday.  Nothing else matters.  That's why you got fired and they didn't.

• Judy

find a new job.

You can't quit or be terminated from a job then go back and fix your points in the computer with vacation time.  Once your employment ended you lost computer access.  If you wanted to keep your job, you should have fixed things before you were terminated.  Showing them that they can't get rid of you is no reason to go back.  You only get one life to live so why waste it where you aren't happy?  If you can go to a job you like better, treats you better and you make more money, it's a no brainier.  

< I hated that job a lot. They did not appreciate me, I hate retail and how people treat each other, poor management that has favorites, and doesnt care about anyone else but themself. >

And you ask 'should go back'?  Why?

Time to take your meds.

"I hated that job a lot. They did not appreciate me, I hate retail and how people treat each other, poor management that has favorites, and doesn't care about anyone else but themself." 

... and you are thinking of going back??? Are you Nuts?

You are unemployable. And walmart does not hire back people they fired.