larry asked in PetsReptiles · 1 month ago

In the front of my house can I place large rocks close to the black top street to keep people from parking in the mud.?

In front of my house can I place rocks close to the street to keep people from parking in the mud.

You can put cement pylons or pointy cement cones on your property line right up to the blacktop to prevent people from parking on the wet area of your lawn. just make sure that if you have an outside mailbox that it doesn't restrict the mailman from delivering the mail or you'll have a problem. Here's a picture of a curbside pyramid

• odd

If there is an easement along the road you might be asked to remove them. You are also liable for damages if someone injures themselves on them or a car runs into them and gets wrecked.

Zoning laws might prohibit your rock structure, but you can ask your county planning commission.

Can you?  Yes, on YOUR property.

• James

as long as you stay f off the public right of way