Why can't artists of really fine paintings get recognition but I've seen paintings that hang in museums that look like a child painted them?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

"Art" and "talent" are two very different things. People want to be amused and entertained. They also like to follow trends ...and other people.

Someone who wants to see a perfect representation of an object or person can look at a photograph.

• Quentin
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Recognition is for innovation. The 'childlike' paintings were leading edge at the time when painting used to be very formal but that became useless when photography was invented.

• glcang
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Developing a sense of what is creative doesn’t come from forming opinions about things one knows little about or deciding that their preferences are the standard by which creativity is measured. 

• 4 weeks ago

There are lots of meanings to the word "art". Abstract is one of them. Art is such a broad topic that it's difficult to compare each style. There are deeper meanings to paintings that some people don't understand, and I get that, but comparing Picasso to Leonardo Da Vinci like you did when you replied to that other guy's answer is just impossible. I hope you understand that there are hidden meanings to artworks that inspired the artists to pursue their talent.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Gosh, that's such an original criticism! I bet nobody's ever said that before! In other words, STFU.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

what an amazing cutting edge art critique. you are so insightful. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.