Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

Other - Politics & Government: Do you believe in strict gun control?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No.  

Strict gun control only favors criminals and politicians with authoritarian streaks.  Or, as they're called in America, the Democratic Party.

• BOOM
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Strict? No. But changes need to be made.

• 1 month ago

I would like to see the assault weapons ban reinstated and made permanent. The Brady bill that Bill Clinton signed had a ban on assault weapons but was allowed to sunset (expire) 10 years later.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Gun ownership should be handled as the public health and public safety issue it is.

Many gun advocates recently have pointed out "Well, cars kill people, too, so should we outlaw cars?" Here's the thing: with cars, we have passed laws making it illegal to drive while drinking or on drugs, requiring the use of seatbelts, making sure all cars and all drivers are registered and all drivers pass a driving and informational test, requiring people to carry insurance, requiring the auto companies to make cars safer with features like rear view cameras, seatbelts and air bags, making drivers accountable for unsafe driving both economically and legally, setting safe speed limits, etc. And these laws have greatly reduced fatal car accidents and made our highways safer.

So what would be wrong with passing similar laws to make guns and gun use safer?

• Patrick
      Lv 7
      7 hours agoReport

"Cars are not tools inherently made to kill,..." Guns are not made to inherently kill either. The fact is that 99.872% of firearms are never used to kill anything. The percentage for vehicles that are involved in deaths is FAR higher.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

When all guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.

• 1 month ago

Yes. When you aim at a target you need to have it totally under control.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure, I am always in control over all of my guns.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.