I Am wondering what would be a good Broadway song to use when auditioning for fiddles on the roof?

I am auditioning for ensemble and it is only a high school play. I am an alto as well. 

• 1 week ago

////////////////////////////

I would think the first thing to focus on would be what the music is actually called. It is not called "fiddles on the roof" but "Fiddler on the Roof".

When I auditioned for Fiddler on the Roof I sung I love you song from 25th annual Putnam county spelling bee!

• Cogito

Anything you've already learned and studied with your singing teacher will be fine.

And by the way - it's Fiddler on the Roof.

• A.J.

The alto female characters are Yente (Mature Adult, Elderly town gossip), Bielke (Tevye & Golde’s youngest daughter), and Shprintze (Tevye and Golde’s second youngest daughter)

Ensemble songs in the play Fiddler on the Roof

“Sabbath Prayer” – Ensemble“To Life” – Tevye, Lazar Wolf, Ensemble“Tevye’s Dream” – Tevye, Golde, Grandma Tzeitel, Rabbi, Fruma-Sarah, Ensemble“Sunrise, Sunset” – Tevye, Golde, Perchik, Hodel, Ensemble“The Rumor/I Just Heard” – Yente, Ensemble“Anatevka” – Company

It's suggested not to interview using these songs.

I was looking through websites showing suggested songs, and thought they were dull. You can do that yourself. You have to choose what you are comfortable with.

I am probably very wrong, but thinking of what works ensemble and adjustable in tone

Aquarius from Hair

Circle of Life from The Lion King

Edelweiss from The Sound of Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUBKrxvQYhA

Youtube thumbnail