Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Do you have to take a lie detector test when applying for a visa?

• Cathy

No.  I have three Visa cards and a Mastercard too. I never had to take a lie detector test.  

Um, no, and lie detecters are so inaccurate that their results aren't even allowed in courts of law. They serve no purpose other than to rattle suspects in criminal cases.

• martin

No. But in some cases, where there's reason to be suspicious, it might be allowed.

• James

why? are you planning to lie?

• Robin

no, I have five different visa'a in my current passport and have never had a lie detector test

• Nancy

It's possible that that could be part of the process, especially if you are applying for a residency visa and there is reason to doubt the veracity of your claims in the absence of proof they're false.

They have all of your information already.

I guess that depends on the country and what kind of Visa. All i know is getting a tourist visa for most places does not require this