Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 weeks ago

Do you think someone dying in their teens a waste of a life ?

They have already lived. They've had fourteen or fifteen years of life. Assuming those years weren't 'wasted', we can't say their death is a waste of a life.

Yes, it's sad when a child doesn't grow to adulthood. They may commit suicide, or they may have a fatal illness, or be killed by a bus. Nobody can say that that life was 'wasted'. It is incredibly arrogant to take it on yourself to say whether someone else's life was lived to the full or not.

Just because it wasn't long doesn't mean it wasn't fruitful. 

I think their life here was finished. People are astounded at deaths early in life, but this is part of their spirit's plan.

• This happens as a reminder for other teens to value their own life. I think that the teen did not have his parents & grandparents blessings for sure. 

That should be obvious.

< Do you think someone dying in their teens a waste of a life >

Not always, that person dying may have saved many other lives if they turned out to be a serial killer.

Yes. Because I've been a teen and I know what an emotional rollercoaster it is. Teens overreact to everything -- a breakup, a cruel comment at school, the sight of their crush with someone else, a bad grade, the state of the world, everything. They long to be accepted and understood when they don't even understand themselves and they are judgmental of their parents, their teachers and everyone else. They are both incredibly generous and incredibly selfish. But nothing is as bad as they think it is. Their lives have tremendous potential to change the world and it's sad when that potential for good is lost.

I tend to think of a waste of life as someone who did nothing with their time alive. I don't equate it to someone who dies young from something they couldn't control. But, if someone dies because they lived a violent, destructive life, spiraled out of control from drug or alcohol addiction, or simply committed suicide for their own reasons, then I would consider that a waste of life. 

You only get one life--it's up to you whether you use it for good or waste it away. 

• Rick

I think every single life no matter the age, can possibly be wasted. But it's very subjective! What can be a waste of life/time to me - can be the most fulfilling thing ever to someone else (and vise-versa)

:)

Very much so, it's very sad