Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

My girlfriend loves to cook and is offended when I want chikfila sometimes. How can i get her to understand?

She is a great cook, the food is great but no one wants home cooked food every single day of their life. Cooking is her passion, it's not mine though. She will get offended when I tell her I'm going to chikfila once-twice a week. She said she can cook better than chikfila. A lot her food is superior to restaurants BUT when she cooks the chicken sandwhiches the meat isnt as tender as chikfila and I can't eat chicken like that because my teeth are sensitive to tough foods. Sometimes people like to go out to a nice restaurant.

• Goerge
    Favorite Answer

A man can have steak every night but sometimes he wants some chicken. I love to cook as well and if someone wants to go out and eat I am happy to see them go. I don't only cook food from one culture but I can certainly understand that sometimes they want something different. I can make a big mac, substitute the buns for toasted sourdough but mine's better but also different. I can get pretty close to the colonel's chicken but not exactly. There is so much out there beyond what I cook. It is our responsibility as cooks to expand people's culinary boundaries. For her to attempt to make hers a prison is selfish and wrong.

• Goerge

How does she brine her chicken breasts? The brine is key. You know how the dredging flour can get lumps after some chicken has been coated? I make that happen with buttermilk BEFORE dredging. Sprinkle the buttermilk over the flour/spice mix a few times. Flavor bombs are made. 

• John

Chikfila is the spawn of the Devil.  I say that not being religious, too. Not a single penny......

• denise

Compromise, Have 'home cooked' meals on the days she likes to cook, Then suggest 'going out' or 'buying in' a meal so she can have a 'break', maybe once a week or so?

No one eats three squares a day seven days a week with their spouse/partner.    Get your chickfila fix at work for lunch or when your gf is not expecting you home for a meal. 

"chikfila" isn't real food. It's a parody.