Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 4 weeks ago

Payday question.?

Starting my first job and I don't really know how getting paid works. I was told by a coworker that they don't hold back a week and payday is Monday so I should have gotten paid today on my payroll card since I've worked two days already but I haven't. 

Our handbook says the pay week starts on Wednesday and goes through Tuesday of the following week. Official payday for the stores is on Monday. This is the Monday, one week after the end of the pay period. 

Sorry if this seems like common sense. This is my first job and I'm new to all of this.

• Judy

OK, the pay week that people get paid for today ended last Tuesday. If your 2 days were after that, you should get paid NEXT Monday for those. They need time to collect and process the timecards, and calculate, prepare and distribute paychecks or send them for direct deposit. On Monday Nov 18 you'll get paid for hours worked from Wed Nov 6 thru Tues Nov 12.

Talk to the Personal office or Pay roll department.

• Kyle

if you're having questions about pay, talk to your supervisor or even HR.  you really should get the answers from them.  you shouldn't discuss pay really with co-workers.  

What days did you work? The pay today is for the previous W-T. So if today was payday, you would have had to work between 10/30-11/15 to get paid today. Did you?

• NA

There is always a delay in getting paid.

Employers don't "hold back a week"--they just take a week to pay you.

According to you, the last pay period was 10/30 thru 11/5.  You would only get paid if you worked any of those days.  Did you?

• Fantom

Suggest you ask your supervisor to explain this to you.

You didn't get paid today because the current pay week hasn't closed yet.  The pay week started last Wednesday, 11/6 and closes tomorrow, 11/12.  

On Monday, 11/18 you will get paid for the time you worked between 11/6 & 11/12.