When You Save Picture Or Videos On Your Laptop Where Does It Go?

and if my computer were to break down and wont turn on would it still be possible to still save the files saved to the laptop? i want to be prepared just in case it happens.

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It’s on the hard drive. If your computer doesn’t turn on then you can try removing the hard drive and install it on another lap top. 

But if your computer doesn’t work because it can’t load the operating system it can’t read the hard drive then you’re screwed. 

• 1 month ago

On the Hard Drive.

• 1 month ago

When you save something, it goes to whatever directory you decide to save it to.  By default, Windows creates a "user" for each person who logs into the computer.  Under their user profile there are folders called "(Music", "Videos", "Pictures", "Documents", etc.  (Windows 7 puts a "my" at the front of the folders.)

If you open Windows Explorer ("(My) Computer" you will see those folders under the Libraries in the bar on the left.  That is where things are saved by default.

• They go where you put them. When you save a picture or video, it creates a file but you have to tell the computer where you want it saved. Physically, they are stored on the computer's hard disk. If the computer dies, you can probably take the hard disk out and put it in another computer - unless the computer has died because of a hard disk fault. It's worth getting a plug-in back-up drive for your most valuable pictures and videos.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.