Ab asked in SportsHockey · 8 months ago

Can I play ice hockey?

I’m a 15 year old girl in the Midwest region and i’ve recently taken on a big interest for the sport. However i have no experience, i can’t even ice skate. i’m not sure if there are any girls teams nearby but that’s not the problem. i have dislocated my knee twice before (one time in spring of 2018 and the second time last summer). i’ve been treated with a cast and brace but i haven’t exactly been keeping up with my physical therapy. my mother thinks it is too risky for me to even try ice skating because of that so i need to make sure it is safe. is it safe for me to play ice hockey? if yes, does anyone know any midwest region (near chicago, my high school doesn’t have one) girls hockey teams for my age range for leisure and competitive (i know it’ll take lots of time before i can play competitively)? can i even play in general with no experience and with my previous injuries? thank you for any response!!

yes sure........

• Bob

You should be able to play without any problems.

Unless the laws of physics prevents it, the answer to ANY "can" question is yes.