Whole family wearing same color suit to wedding?

Going to my cousins wedding with my family. Do all the boys (Father, brothers) all need to wear the same color suit? There will be pictures taken with the family.

Update:

Father, and the kids I mean. I’m the oldest son. 

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Of course you know it's not necessary so no you don't have to wear the same color suits,. Take off your jacket if you don't want to be seen dressed alike.  I hope no matching ties.  Good Luck and God Bless you and your family.

• 4 weeks ago

No, only if you are part of the wedding party. Meaning the best man, groomsman etc.

• If they're not part of the wedding party (if they're not an usher or ring bearer for example), they don't have to wear the same color suit.

• 4 weeks ago

It would look really weird if all the guests wore the same colour suit.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No. Traditionally the groomsmen wear the same tux or suit.  All other male family members wear what they want to. You do not match the groomsmen  or each other,

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The bride and groom get to decide what they want to do.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In the USA that would be very strange. 

Wedding traditions vary around the globe. 

• 4 weeks ago

If the wedding is to happen soon,Don't worry about whole family color suit and enjoy yourself.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Generally only the wedding party dresses alike or similar.

I've never seen my husband, his dad and his brother all dressed alike at a wedding as a guest.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

usually in the wedding invitation there is a dress code note.  if not specified, then you can wear whatever.     but best, ask the parents of the soon will be married couple.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.