Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 4 weeks ago

When do these going off the birth control pill symptoms go away?

I went off the pill about a month ago. I have been tracking my ovulation using test strips and ovulated a week ago. Since a day after I ovulated, I have been so constipated it hurts and very bloated (I have tried OTC laxatives and eating more fiber, drinking more water, to no avail), sore boobs, random acne on chest, extremely tired to the point where it is hard to function, weird pulling and twinging down there...when will this go away as I am miserable?

I did have unprotected sex a day before ovulation, my partner and I said we would "see what happens," so I guess there is a possibility I am pregnant although I would be surprised because I was told after going off the pill it can take awhile to get pregnant. 

Your symptoms are not pregnancy symptoms..

• LizB

Unprotected sex can always lead to pregnancy, so yes, it's possible. Many women need at least a cycle or two before their normal fertility resumes, but some will ovulate right away, which means pregnancy is a possibility.

Did you have these kind of PMS symptoms before starting BC? If it was normal for you before and BC calmed them down, then it could just be your natural hormone levels trying to adjust. Or you could have gotten lucky and gotten pregnant on the first try. Guess you'll have to wait another week and take a test to see.

It depends on the person. Everyone works differently. I know for me it seemed to take close to a year for my cycle to return to normal, but my body is beyond normal and everything takes longer.