Could my friend be adopted and not know, or is too ashamed to tell anyone?

I’ve always had this sneaky suspicion that my friend was adopted,

She was an only child. She is very tall and both her parents are smaller than her

She was born without fingers on one hand and toes on one foot (maybe her mother was a drug addict or couldn’t cope with having a child like this so gave her up)

I don’t feel any warmth from her with her parents. No hugs and kisses. Their relationship is very formal and a lot of the time she can’t wait to get out the house and avoids them. You’d think if she was an only child she’d be wanting to spend time with her parents .

I ask my friend (who’s 17) if she’s adopted, joking around, and she denies it. But maybe she won’t get told until she’s 18.

The final biggest sign is that her parents are planning to adopt a girl from Russia and we live in Scotland. So you’d think if they adopted once they’d do it again..?

Do you think I’m right about my friend being adopted?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • GB
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

You say it's important for you to know the truth.  Tell your friend why it's important. If she agrees,  then she will tell you , or  try to find out.

• 4 weeks ago

damn hoe all up in her business hell wrong wit u

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What difference does it make if she is or isn't adopted?  That is their family's private business - not yours.  Why are you so concerned about it when your friend is not concerned.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If she is adopted it's her business and her business alone unless she chooses to share it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Don't be a yenta ....it's really none of your business.

• 4 weeks ago

Nothing you mention indicates adoption.

Generally people who go out of their way to become parents through adoption (giving birth is *much* easier and faster) are not emotionally neglectful of their children.

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What does it matter?  You're really jumping to conclusions anyway.

None of the things you mentions would be indicative of her being adopted.  Of course it's possible, but it's equally possible that you're entirely wrong.

But frankly, it's none of your business.  This shouldn't affect you in the slightest whether she is adopted or is not.

• Ashley T4 weeks agoReport

You don’t know why it’s important that I know the truth, I haven’t shared that in the question, so but your nose out!

• 4 weeks ago

She might be able to get adoption records from the county.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.