69 asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 4 weeks ago

Which movie is better and why: Braveheart or Gladiator?

Braveheart, just because I like Mel Gibson more than Russel Crow lol. Both movies won Best Picture Oscars, but I think William Wallace was a far more interesting character than Maximus.

Equal, though I prefer Braveheart because I love Scotland. Also, Gladiator seems to be longer, although it is not. Braveheart has fewer broing scenes.

• I Think There Both Overrated!

They're both great entertainment, but lousy histories.   They both inspired me to go read up on what really happened with William Wallace and the various Roman Emperors depicted. 

• Caleb

I gotta go with Gladiator here. Braveheart is a great movie, but I hate that it claims to be "historical" when it's so damn inaccurate/filled with lies. If you are going to make a film about a historical figure/story/war etc, you should try to stick to the actual history. I know, I know, you have to change/add/remove things to make it work in a 2-3 hour film, I get that. Still, you don't have to throw all the real history out the window just to make it more dramatic.

Gladiator, on the other hand, is a fictional story being told in a historical setting. It also makes some changes to history, but it isn't claiming to be a film based on historical events. It's doing like a Forrest Gump thing, taking it's own story and throwing it into history. And it works wonderfully.

• amy

accurate watch a documentary.

I found Braveheart to be the better film...and probably truer to the clan wars, and  how easily  alliances could be made or broken.......

• RR

Braveheart is a good story, even though they stretched the truth to make it anti-English.

I like both. Braveheart, I've watched more.

Braveheart because ****** fReEdOmmMM! 

• amy

Braveheart. Its based on a true story so not just entertaining but slightly educational. I like war movies this is closer to my style. It tingles my little celtic heart. Gladiator left such little impression on me that I dont remember it.

• amy

I didnt just throw in the word slightly for no reason but thanks anyway.