69 asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 4 weeks ago

Which movie is better and why: Braveheart or Gladiator?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Braveheart, just because I like Mel Gibson more than Russel Crow lol. Both movies won Best Picture Oscars, but I think William Wallace was a far more interesting character than Maximus.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Equal, though I prefer Braveheart because I love Scotland. Also, Gladiator seems to be longer, although it is not. Braveheart has fewer broing scenes.

• I Think There Both Overrated!

• 4 weeks ago

They're both great entertainment, but lousy histories.   They both inspired me to go read up on what really happened with William Wallace and the various Roman Emperors depicted. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Caleb
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I gotta go with Gladiator here. Braveheart is a great movie, but I hate that it claims to be "historical" when it's so damn inaccurate/filled with lies. If you are going to make a film about a historical figure/story/war etc, you should try to stick to the actual history. I know, I know, you have to change/add/remove things to make it work in a 2-3 hour film, I get that. Still, you don't have to throw all the real history out the window just to make it more dramatic.

Gladiator, on the other hand, is a fictional story being told in a historical setting. It also makes some changes to history, but it isn't claiming to be a film based on historical events. It's doing like a Forrest Gump thing, taking it's own story and throwing it into history. And it works wonderfully.

• amy
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

accurate watch a documentary.

• 4 weeks ago

I found Braveheart to be the better film...and probably truer to the clan wars, and  how easily  alliances could be made or broken.......

• RR
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Braveheart is a good story, even though they stretched the truth to make it anti-English.

• 4 weeks ago

I like both. Braveheart, I've watched more.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Braveheart because ****** fReEdOmmMM! 

• amy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Braveheart. Its based on a true story so not just entertaining but slightly educational. I like war movies this is closer to my style. It tingles my little celtic heart. Gladiator left such little impression on me that I dont remember it.

• amy
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

I didnt just throw in the word slightly for no reason but thanks anyway.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.