t asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 month ago

i have dna test can it tell what percentage I am native american?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You've never been there before.

You can also read my extended answer here https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

Man, you didn't feel a thing.If they test your "Y" chromosome signature, it will have long imprint with letters (YUIOTTEUI any it is example) which will mean nothing to you.If they find your past ancestors (by database they have), by locations of concentrations, they will give to you some form (of locations where they lived) to get the picture with some data (those which they know - other will be silence or no data).You may get or maybe you will get repeatedly same answers, time over time, it is what their specialty is! :)For "X" chromosome, I think still they don't have knowledge to enter the knowledge - or decode the knowledge. Some direction for explanation: X is only rna which coats the Y. That is for most explained simply. And X as rna only replicates, ie please report any medical deceases to the medial officers..Mentioned Red haired ancestors, Homo sapiens ... etc many others named with "names" are dead long time ago. Today you see different things, and all think they are the only ones -.. i.e. nothing else.Well, ... isn't it the balls? And the children?Some say even Y can't exist on its own, but isn't it that created all current?You have long road to SEE many different. ^^So, it is everything decoded they say "human induced pluripotent stem cells".So what the hell are the 'other' humans, or 'real' humans, or 'falsificate humans'?At the end will come the REAL question: "Who are 'they'?".Definitions, same as "the earth is flat", - but nothing wrong in that statement or a lie, because Earth is the land/ground you step, but the planet is not Earth, and can be different form.

Global catastrophe of information s?

• Zirp
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

unintelligible                             reported

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. Blood-quantum is a fairytale. Your DNA comes in 47 bundles, 23 from your father, 24 from your mother. You cannot have 11.5 chromosomes from any grandparent.

You are Native American if you are an enrolled member of any of the 566 tribes that are acknowledged by the USA government

• 1 month ago

A DNA profile may tell you how many gene variants you have that are historically unique to certain ethnic groups yes. But most commercial providers of DNA profiles don’t research to the same depth that say a healthcare organisation would. This means they’re drawing conclusions from a small packet of information which can be somewhat misleading. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Just self identify as native american.  It would be racist of people to dispute it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

To an extent.  But keep in mind that the tests are not anywhere near as accurate as they claim, and that the results they offer are often quite bias in favor of your expectations so that you'll give them word of mouth advertising.

• 1 month ago

you might be able to tell from that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.