Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 4 weeks ago

Ways to earn money for anniversary trip to London?

My dad wants to take my mom to London for their 25th anniversary. He also really wants to see Stonehenge and other sites on the UK. We don't make much and I really want this to happen for them. I'm saving up for a language trip across Europe, so there really isn't much I can donate. Their 23rd anniversary was just this year. Any tips and suggestions on how to save up or how to save money during the trip? We live in the U.S by the way.

• Maxi

What your dad wants and what is possible sound like two completely different things.......... traveling from the US, travel/health insurance, hotel costs in London, traveling miles by public transport to Stonehenge and entrance fees, food and "seeing other sites" certainly costs more than you seem to think......... and if your family don't have much money then your family needs to rethink this 'plan' as without enough money they will be returned home at the airport as not being able to support themselves while in the UK

The cost really depends on how many sites he wants to visit, and when they want to go - no holiday in London is cheap.

I assume your Dad is saving for this holiday, and not just requiring you to pay for it?

Generally the way to get money is to work more hours and spend as little as possible.

Maybe get a second job

And look for deals and discounts online

Add up the total cost of the trip and then work from there

maybe you can try selling stuff