Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Can a dentist tell if you smoke cigars recreationally?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

I'm a dentist and no unless you use cig too much which can make a carbon layer on your teeth

• 4 weeks ago

I can always tell when my patient is a smoker. Not only the smell, but stains can give it away too. Best to just be honest! They wont judge you. 

• 1 month ago

Yes. The most obvious way is you smell of smoke. However there is also yellowing of the teeth and an increase in gum disease.

• 1 month ago

i think they might be able to tell

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yep, and he'll report you to the Recreational Cigaraholics Anonymous group in your town and you'll never have a MOMENT'S peace for the rest of your (short) life.

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They usually smell and see the effects of cigars.

• 1 month ago

yes.. smoking produces a distinct stain called Tobacco Stains (sometimes inaccurately referred to as Nicotine Stains) after years of smoking regularly..

Tobacco stains on the teeth are often difficult to remove because they have occurred over years of smoking.. the stains have settled deep into the enamel and often will penetrate to the outer layer of the dentin..

the more you smoke, the more obvious those signs..

fortunately, these stains are not permanent and they can disappear after years of stopping smoking.. and also they can be removed with professional teeth whitening..

Tobacco stains can also show on the skin - especially around the fingers where you hold your cigarettes.. and those are less permanent and far easier to disappear over the years compared to Tobacco stains on the teeth..

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.