tabetha asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 month ago

Can I bring my martial arts weapons across the border?

So I have a martial arts tournament next month in Canada and we are driving across. I want to bring my bos and sais. Will I have any trouble getting them across or do I need a special permit for them? 

Canada has some stricter laws regarding martial arts weapons and so what you should do is read the attached article to be familiar with things at least and be courteous and honest. When I was competing on the NASKA national circuit after my full contact days I found it helpful to also have a copy of the tournament flyer with me to show customs folks when declaring I had some martial arts weapons with me.

https://ejmas.com/tin/2004tin/tinart_agnew_0104.ht...

Depends upon the state and local laws of that state, check with customs and the local police of the area you are visiting.

Personally I never bring martial arts weapons across  country borders, any place I am training or teaching at usually has weapons I can borrow (I arrange in advance)

No.  If you try it, the border guards will take you into the back room and beat you senseless then dump you in a ditch.

you need to ask immigration about this