Monitor turns on, but no signal?

Recently bought a used 1080p SCEPTRE x22 monitor, and it powers up, but display no signal for the hdmi and dvi ports. I tried plugging it into my pc and my Xbox and both don’t work so it’s a problem with the monitor. Anyone know solutions. WILL AWARD BEST ANSWER

are you on the right source? not all monitors are smart enough to change themselves.

try the buttons on the bottom

• AAAJ

I think your monitor have problem with its output port. Take some assistance from the computer guy

I bought two of those Sceptre 22in monitors and they both died within a week of each other. They lasted quite a while, though. Yours may be dead. Hook your Sceptre to some hardware that you know is working and if you don't get a picture, it might be toast. Good luck.

Source(s): I bought two Sceptre 22in monitors at the same time and they both died within a week of each other. Lasted me two years of heavy gaming, though.
  • When your PC starts keep pressing F8 to enter safe Mode. In safe mod right click "This PC" -> Manage->Device Manager -> Uninstall Graphics drivers by right clicking. Restart it then. If it works, Update drivers from device manager, instead of installing them from exe file.

Next time buy monitor with a warranty

maybe you should get a mechanic to check it out

• Lv 7

only 3 things can be the cause.

1. the cable is bad, try another.

2. your source is bad. you already tried different sources. try with different cables. remember that some HDMI outputs can require HDCP.

3. your monitor is faulty. time to buy a new one.

The seller got the best of you, and the best thing to do is bite the bullet and dispose of it, and buy a new monitor that will have a warranty with it. Consider this as a lesson learned, it happens to the best of us. Sorry.

• David

Looks like it's dead Jim

Solution, see if there is a reset procedure, if no better go back to the shop/seller if it is still under warranty, or take it to a repair shop for it to be fixed.

• Jim

You bought a broken monitor.