Janet asked in HealthOptical · 4 weeks ago

I'm having laser eye surgery to remove scar tissue will this change my eyeglass prescription?

I'm going to assume that you are talking about a YAG laser capsulotomy. This is a procedure that many need after cataract surgery. There will probably be no change in your prescription. In some cases, the posterior capsule draws the implant into a slightly different shape so there may be minor changes. Usually, you can be refracted more accurately after a capsulotomy since you can see better. This could result in a change.

• Goerge

After the ERM stripping, vision should improve gradually, though it may take up to three to six months for the best visual results. Studies show that about 80 to 90 percent of patients will experience visual improvement after the surgery.

https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/vitreore...

In short it will most likely improve your vision which means you will probably have to get a new prescription.

• carrie

yes it will, you may not even need glasses anymore.

it may, you need to ask the eye doc this