Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 4 weeks ago

are there brighter stars then the moon in the universe?

Update:

or the moon is the brightest star

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Well VY Canis Majoris the Largest Star that has been found

Its Diameter is larger than Jupiter's orbit

Or Moon reflects about 9 percent of the Sunlight that hits it

so just compare

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You might have worded the question better, e.g. 'are there stars brighter than the moon?' Then the answer I would give is our own star, the sun, is far brighter in appearance than any other star visible, because it is the closest star to US.

• 4 weeks ago

No the brightest type of star is black holes you should visit one. You'll be known as the first person to land on a black hole

• 4 weeks ago

Measured luminosity here on earth, no, the moon reflects more light from our local star we call the sun.

There are stars 'out there' that have more luminosity than our sun, often larger or hotter, and our sun is no mini ha ha:

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

As far as I know, every star is brighter than that.

• 4 weeks ago

The moon is not a star. It is a moon. The moon is totally dark except where it reflects the Sun's light.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The moon is not a star. The brihtest stars are the Suns

Take it from me, the SUNSTAAR

Ommm

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you are close enough, pretty much any star other than a black dwarf will be brighter.

• 4 weeks ago

Much brighter. Although the moon is not a star, it looks bright because it is so close to us. It's only light from the sun shine on the moon.

• 4 weeks ago

I guess you're a recent Arts graduate?

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Drama student....media studies??

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.