Is Being Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender a Sin?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

how would you even be all of them at once

• 4 weeks ago

According to the the Bible yes it is a sin the Bible also says God loves them anyway .

• 4 weeks ago

Absolutely not. Their are some small minded people, who would believe it is, but honestly if it's what makes you happy, that's what "God" would want.

• Sasha Whitefur
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Some homophobic idiot, wrote it that way. Being LGBT, is a natural congenital condition, and many animal species have LG members. (of which humans are one such species)

• 4 weeks ago

Someone gay, bisexual, or transgender would know that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No it is not a sin.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Sin implies religion.  Which religion, which denomination of it, and whose theology and dogma??????????

From a christian perspective, it all comes down to ""YOUR"" interpretation of scripture.  I do not believe lgbt people are sinful based on scripture once translation errors from the original text and the culture of the day are accounted for, there are many good books on the subject, and many conservative bloggers who are afraid of changing errors in theology and who are religiously and politically vested in supporting public sector discrimination of lgbt people, who blog against revisiting the subject.

• Emma
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Reread the answer, I did directly answer it.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, because sin is a fictional construct.  "Sin" is the supposed violation of the supposed rule of a supposed god.  Since there is no credible evidence whatsoever that any god exists, then no such divinely-declared rules exist, therefore sin is fictional and meaningless.  Aside from that, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.

• Sky
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Yes, any time there is a work of literary fiction, a movie, or a fictional TV show that contains GLBT characters, those characters are also fictional (although the actors portraying them may be GLBT themselves).  So what's your point?

• 4 weeks ago

While in your Bible its mentioned in a half dozen verses, all of those verses are the opinions of the authors and interestly none of them claim to be quoting God.

Yet even more interesting is the discovery that during translation of the Bibles around 500 years ago someone altered these verses, as an example where today you read that a man shall not sleep with a man as he would with a women and so on, in older Bibles it says a man shall not sleep with a boy as he would with a women, and so on. You then have to ask if that is creditable and to that I suggest as there is no anti child sex verses I expect that surly the idea of doing a boy would have to be seen as undesirable, why is it not listed yet two loving adults is.

My point, there is no creditable verses supporting the idea that being LGBT is a sin.

• rustbucket
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

It is  because there are many christian sects that have a different versions of the bible that screws things up.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You can use all the rest as nouns... except transgender.... transgender needs to be an adjective because I'm too much of a snowflake to withstand someone nouning me.

• 4 weeks ago

One of the problems with your question is that you're lumping several different things together.  Also, being these things is not the same as acting upon them.  I'm not going to comment further because there are problems with the assumptions in what you've asked.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.