Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesNissan · 4 weeks ago

Cannot access luggage compartment?

Help

I have a Nissan Micra Tekna 09, which uses keyless lock system. I need to access the luggage compartment, but car battery is dead and the emergency key only manually opens front passenger door. I have tried to fold rear seats but it seems the lever is in the luggage compart. The removable roof of the luggage compart (just behind rear seats) is unremovable unless tailgate door is opened.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Simple. You open the door with the emergency key. Then you pop the bonnet/hood. Then either replace or recharge the battery, or use jump cables to connect a good battery so that you can open the rear luggage compartment.

Jump cables are cheap, but even if you can’t buy any and don’t already own a set then asking at neighbours will usually produce some. As you’re not using them to start the vehicle even a length of domestic AC wiring cable could do the job perfectly well.

• Neil
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

As others have said, connect some form of 12-volt power to the car's battery (under the bonnet), either by charging the battery, connecting to another battery using jump-leads, or using a jump-starting device. This will power up the car's electrics, so that the luggage compartment latch can be operated as normal.

• 4 weeks ago

If there isn't a manual pull to open the luggage compartment open the hood and either charge the battery or use jumper cables to give the electrical system power.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • you can go to walmart and buy one of those portable jump starters or have someone jump start your car or call a lock smith or cut the partition between the seat and trunk.

• Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I agree up to the point where you suggest cutting. That’s an absolute disaster: it can take out significant bodyshell strength and can be more expensive than it first seems to put right afterwards. The locking system just needs 12v.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.