Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

My parents pick on me cause I am socially different. How do I get this to stop hurting?

I always wish I could just be myself.

My Dad is a lot more ignorant then my Mom but my mother is more bitter. 

You can be yourself if you want, but being yourself isn't always a positive, nor does it always help you. Nobody can force you to be anything, or do anything you don't want to at the end of the day. Socially different likely referring to you not being typical of what society expects. There's nothing wrong with that up to a point. However, eventually it would come to a point where you'd have no choice but to fit in. Eventually social situations will be forced on you. Because that's just life. Maybe you're somebody who thinks it's okay to break the law, eventually that would come back to kick you up the behind. The system would deal with that. Maybe you're not as talkative around other people. That one becomes a bit impossible if you want to go out and live your own life independently. Regardless of what their reasnoning is, it's called tough love. Your parents know the real world better than you and likely see things in you that you don't. They wouldn't be doing their job really if they didn't "Pick on you". Better them than anyone else. Some parents do it that way, others don't.

Pray for strength to endure and pray for those who persecute you pray for peace of peace and pray that your parents show you love and have a change of heart not sure how old you are but pray to be able to express to your parents how this makes you feel and pray they be more undeestanding and show more natural affection. You are precious in God eyes never let anyone tell you different.

Ask God in prayer to give you the boldness to be the person he created, regardless of your parents expectations. God bless you.

People do pick on others who are different. I am not sure if you are goth but generally,  if you are then there is a reason.

if theyre being abusive when they do that call cps

Every one has this kind of issue. Parents have the duty to teach children and tell them their behaviour and their actions.

You just be watchful what exactly they are referring to. Sometimes they just meant two or three scenarios and not picking on you.

Example : not respecting relatives by saying hi to them or having at least a small conversation with them, or showing much dislike or disinterest in people, just at least show some concern to any human being.

• Lôn

What do you mean 'socially different'?...a freak?

Have you discussed how this affects you? They may not be aware.

start taking lots of vitamin c

It’s a parents duty to raise their children to become independent and a asset to society . What you call picking on is pointing out your flaws to better yourself .

Some parents are better than this . Usually parents raise their children on how they were raised.

Teenagers can be the  most sensitive people not knowing how deal with emotions.

As for being yourself . That  an be a good thing or bad .

If your last don’t like to work that’s not a good thing.