I work at maccas and I need to resign kind of suddenly. Would I be allowed to walk in, hand in my uniform and leave it at that?

Or do I need to give notice and a letter?

4 Answers

  • 9 months ago

    My employer requires notice to be made in writing in order to be considered having given notice.  If I were to just hand in my uniform, it would be considered walking off the job.  

  • 9 months ago

    if you need to resign (drafted, dying parent,,,), "giving notice" does not make sense, but a letter would be good. Be careful what you say because the letter will go in your file.

  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    You can walk in, hand in your stuff and say "I quit".  Don't ever think of using them as a reference unless you need a bad one.

  • 9 months ago

    You don't need to give them a letter but you should give notice - two weeks. If they decide that they don't want you to work for those two weeks, then you can leave earlier.

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.