What cpu cooler is better?

Is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Cooling System good and better than the stock cooler that comes with the amd cpu?

I have the 212 on an older Westmere Xeon PC that I gave to my dad . The 212 did a wonderful job with cooling 45nm, 32nm, and 22nm processors. However it seems the transistor and heat density of a 14nm and 7nm CPU is a bit too much for the old 212. People are still arguing as to whether the 212 can effectively cool a stock Core i9-9900k.

IMO, the 212 becomes a poor value when it's cost exceeds $30. I got mine for $15 on a Black Friday special a couple years ago. Maybe it would be for the best to wait until the Thanksgiving weekend sales to buy a CPU cooler.

The Scythe Mugen 5 and Fuma 2 are going to roll right over the 212 and even these 120mm AIO coolers. 

While some of your buddies have been able to overclock the Ryzen 5 2600 to 4.0ghz on all 6-cores, not every one of those 2600 processors can hit 4ghz at reasonable voltage. That is a matter of your luck with the Silicon lottery. 

The Joey Delgado PC was $750 back when that video was released but now you would be able to get better hardware for $750. Hopefully the Funko Pop character isn't part of the cost. If you want more CPU performance then you will need to start saving up to upgrade to to a Ryzen 7 3700x or better. I'm sure you could sell off your 2600 for $80-100 to offset the cost. 

yes, the Hyper 212 is better. However, if you don't overclock, the stock cooler that comes with an AMD cpu is sufficient in most places

• Goerge

Actually the stock cooler for some of the Ryzen processors is pretty good. Some of them come with the Wraith Spire cooler and it's about even with the 212 which is a very old but adequate cooler that used to be wildly popular. Kinda like the 2500K but not really. Now the Intel stock coolers are best tossed into the recycling bin.

The user can add an extra fan to the 212. It comes with the extra mounting hardware if I remember correctly but it only includes one fan. 

It really depends on the exact processor, motherboard and the case. The motherboard matters because the 212 can block a RAM slot. Users have just slid up the 212's push fan a bit to allow the extra clearance. The case needs to be at least 8.0" wide to accommodate the 159mm 212. I did notice the RGB and all that but it's easier to just type 212.  

• Kevinsual4 weeks agoReport

Do you have any good suggestions my pc is the exact same one as Joey Delgado 750 dollar gaming pc and I want to over clock the gpu to 4ghz because it’s possible and I’ve seen some of my friends do it but I don’t know what cooler to
       get to keep it at a good temp

• Lv 7

RGB will actually make it hotter, not cooler.

• Kevinsual4 weeks agoReport

Do you have any good suggestions my pc is the exact same one as Joey Delgado 750 dollar gaming pc and I want to over clock the gpu to 4ghz because it’s possible and I’ve seen some of my friends do it but I don’t know what cooler to get to keep it at a good temp

everything stock is awful